This course starts with an introduction into North American seismic activities; before discussing the building code requirements of the different Seismic Design Categories. There will be an introduction of basic construction methods as discussed in the International Building Code, then a discussion and explanation of alternative installation methods. Designing buildings to the most current seismic codes, standards, and building requirements will confirm that all ceiling installations are taking into account and designing for seismic forces.
- Understand the history and usage of suspended ceilings
- Describe how an earthquake happens
- Explain how seismic suspended ceilings affect performance
- Categorize the seismic areas in North America
- Define alternative construction methods
- Review seismic buildings codes and recognize how they relate
Credits: 1 LU 1 GCBI CE (Health, Safety, and Welfare certified)
Length: 1 hour
There is no cost to bring this program into your firm or chapter meeting.
Schedule your lunch and learn seminar
To confirm your interest in this session, please click the button below and complete the form. A member of our inside sales team will be in touch to schedule a date that works for you!