Few specifications could be as important as those for hospitals and healthcare facilities. The ceiling system plays an important part in the overall healthiness of the building, as well as the patients and staff. Attention should be given to ceiling systems with high sound absorption to cut down on noise that makes staff irritable and inhibits patient healing. The ceiling system can save energy on lighting and cooling. It can help prevent mold and infections with its cleanability. It can be made of recycled and recyclable materials. And a full palette of colors can help create a warm and inviting setting appealing to patients, staff, and visitors alike.
- Describe the importance of high NRC ceilings in a healthcare environment
- Identify how high-performing ceilings can impact infection control
- Define how ceiling specification increases natural daylighting
- Discuss how high-performing ceilings can affect operations and maintenance in a healthcare setting
- Define the connection between high-performing ceilings and a project’s sustainability goals
Credits: 1 LU|HSW, 1 GCBI CE, 1 IDCEC, 1 OAA, 1 AIBC, 1 AAA
Length: 1 hour
There is no cost to bring this program into your firm or chapter meeting.
Schedule your lunch and learn
To sign up, please click the below button.