Join a rapidly growing stable organization that offers a range of career development opportunities with a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
This is the role:
This position reports directly to the Production Manager and is based out of the office in Chicago, IL.
Key Results Areas:
- Train and manage a production staff of up to 30 employees.
- Provide direct supervision to Operators, Set-up and the Material Handlers and complete employees annual performance review.
- Responsible for employee scheduling and time keeping, administering employee correct action as needed, and participates in hiring process.
- Review SAP generated production plan; adjust based on inventory levels, current orders, machine changeovers & personnel availability as needed.
- Communicate with other shift supervisors to ensure smooth shift transition.
- Maintain a clean organized work area by following all 6-S rules and department housekeeping procedures.
- Work cross functionally with other associates as a team to ensure efficient execution of departmental goals, particularly the engineering, maintenance, tool room, shipping and the Planning functions.
- Promote and ensure a safe work environment and environmental compliance. Includes performing accident investigations in a timely manner, and engages his / her team in creating a safe work environment.
- Apply lean manufacturing best practices and drive continuous improvement with people and processes.
- Provide support to other functions in the plant organization where needed.
- Responsible for the facility opening and/or closing.
- Other job duties as required.
This is what you offer:
- Good communication skills,
- Passionate and values driven and will embrace the company’s core values including integrity, honesty and trust
- Problem solving abilities
- Practical business sense