21 September 2015
ROCKFON presents at Acoustics Week Canada
As sponsors and presenters at Acoustics Week Canada, Oct. 6-8, ROCKFON meets with acousticians from Canada and the U.S. for conversations that will shape the industry and marketplace in North America
Held at the Westin Nova Scotian, Acoustics Week Canada offers three days of professional discussions, networking, technical sessions and a products exhibition. The Canadian Acoustical Association (CAA) Annual General Meeting will be held in conjunction with the conference along with the Acoustical Standards Committee Meeting on Oct. 7, sponsored by ROCKFON.
During the Architectural Acoustics technical sessions on Oct. 7, ROCKFON and NGC Testing Services will co-present research findings on the effects of noise flanking paths on Ceiling Attenuation Class (CAC) ratings of ceiling systems and inter-room speech privacy. The session’s presenters will be:
- Gary Madaras, Ph.D., Assoc. AIA, ASA, INCE, acoustic specialist with ROCKFON in North America
- Andrew Huer, senior acoustical test engineer with NGC Testing Services of Buffalo, New York
Session attendees will learn that common ceiling system noise-flanking paths, such as open return air grilles and recessed lights, prevented inter-room speech privacy. CAC ratings were decreased by 10 decibels and high frequency noise transmission was increased over 20 decibels. This resulted in making the sound transmitting from one room into another four times more annoying or distracting. A co-authored article summarizing the research findings is available in the Sept. 2015 issue Canadian Acoustics, the Journal of the Canadian Acoustical Association, Vol. 43, No. 3.
On Oct. 8, during the products exposition, ROCKFON will exhibit its complete line of acoustic ceiling solutions in booth #15. Creating beautiful, comfortable and durable spaces, ROCKFON’s products help protect people from noise and the spread of fire, while making a constructive contribution toward a sustainable future.
ROCKFON is proud to be a sustaining subscriber of CAA. In addition, the company and its representatives participate in:
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
- National Council of Acoustical Consultants (NCAC)
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering of the United States of America (INCE/USA)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- ASTM International
- Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industry (AWCI)
- Ceiling and Interior Systems Construction Association (CISCA)
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- Construction Specifications Canada (CSC)
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
To learn more about ROCKFON’s acoustic expertise and ceiling solutions, please email email@example.com or call 800-323-7164.
> ALL NEWS